Big week for tv fans – not only are we right in spring finale season, this past Sunday was the series finale of Mad Men. As we said goodbye to the show that led us through the 1960s, we also prepared to say hello to some great fall premieres – and to finally start watching Game of Thrones.
- We agree that the Mad Men finale did a great job of tying up the loose ends of the main characters’ stories. But what about those secondary characters who dropped off along the way? WHAT HAPPENED TO CHAUNCY?
- When Miss Blankenship died at the Sterling Cooper offices, she was an “astronaut” who was born on a farm in the late 1800s. Even Sally Draper is almost as old as Miss Blankenship now – so what was the second half of the 20th century like for the Mad Men characters?
- As soon as tv season ends, another one begins: wedding season. We’re in our late 20s, so we’ve really been around the block as far as dealing with peer weddings – here’s a survival kit based on years of wedding guest wisdom.
- Speaking of weddings, never go to a wedding on Game Of Thrones. We don’t watch it – yet – but it’s just one of the many things we think we know about the show. We’re also pretty sure the oldest of those sisters is the D.J. and the one with the arrows is the Stephanie ( a Michelle would not survive).
- The beautiful thing about tv is when one favorite leaves you, a new one is waiting right around the corner. There are a few to look forward to in Fall 2015 already – we’re especially psyched about the Office-inspired return of The Muppets!