I didn’t really think about it until we had two Netflix-based posts in one week, but summer is Netflix season. There’s precious little live TV on, and everybody’s so busy that it’s just the time to squeeze in a quick movie or some 22-minute episodes. Here’s what we were into:
- As of post time, Titanic is no longer on Netflix. But our hearts will go on (GET IT?) and so will our blog post memorializing our rewatch of the movie before it left the site. And let me tell you, our Jack Dawson blinders prevented us from properly appreciating Tommy Ryan and Fabrizio when we were younger.
- Out with the old, in with the new… which is also old… because Wet Hot American Summer is back, bringing us back to the first week of camp … 15 years after the last week of camp. But it’s not confusing, it’s wonderful, and the Wet Hot American cast has done some great things since the original.
- When God closes a door, he opens a window (…?): there are all-new shows and movies to enjoy on Netflix in August.
- Excerpts from the oral history or WHAS? Don’t mind if we do!
- Still want to go back to Titanic? [Also, who remembers Back To Titanic, the SECOND Titanic soundtrack that was released in the ’90s because us tween girls were ravenous for our wistful tin whistle ballads?] Okay, this website from the past – tripod! Tripod – has Kate Winslet’s Titanic diary, which was published in some magazine back in the day;