- Thanks to Hamilton, we all now appreciate Alexander Hamilton as a brilliant, influential, albeit flawed founding father. I mean, also thanks to Hamilton I keep thinking a sarcastic “awesome, wow!” when somebody says something stupid and hold the opinion that John Adams doesn’t have a real job anyway. This week we broke down the lyrics to The Ten Duel Commandments, a song about great Americans Hamilton and Laurens, great-yet-kind-of-a-weenie American Aaron Burr, and General (Whee!) Lee.
- Meanwhile in modern American politics, we’re wondering what the heck Lincoln Chafee’s deal is. We don’t know, but we have guesses. Just try to tell me the man doesn’t whittle.
- Buzzfeed listicles: not above it. Here’s a compilation of great Hamilton fans’ jokes.
- This article lists 10 unsolved mysteries of the American Revolution, and I’m there for the historical tidbits and the hilarious portrait of Charles Lee.
- We aren’t the only ones who feel like Lincoln Chafee maybe was the human model for an animatronic figure at Plimoth Colony: #FeelTheChafe won the democratic debate, at least on twitter.