- If you recognized today’s post title, you’re probably another honorary member of the Chicago-based McAllister family. Except not garbage. Because Kevin’s parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are pura basura. Can you believe it came out 25 years ago on Monday? If you’ve watched it with modern children, the answer is probably yes.
- While we’re talking about iconic movies that have anniversaries this year: Rocky Horror. Traci watched it for the first time this year, and maybe it’s one of those movies you have to have known your whole life? Either way, her reactions were priceless.
- We’re always super into those oral histories of tv shows and movies that magazines and websites put out. An oral history of Home Alone from Chicago magazine is just the thing for an almost-holiday-season Saturday. The art and graphics alone, honestly.
- For a more bah, humbug take on things: How ‘Home Alone’ Ruined John Hughes
- What’s the Chevy Chase connection to Home Alone? He’s a dick and that’s why Christopher Columbus directed it, in short.
- Buzz today basically looks like Buzz in 1990, but an adult. No word on Buzz’s girlfriend. Woof.
- For those of us who like to analyze and overanalyze our cinema: diagnosing the Home Alone burglars’ injuries.
- Let’s end it with Mental Floss – 27 Things You Might Not Know about ‘Home Alone.’ For instance, it’s huge in Poland.