- If you’re in the northeast, there’s a great chance that you’ll be spending your Valentine’s Day weekend indoors, away from the arctic air. If you’re looking for a romantic movie that’s also over 20 years old but that we hadn’t seen until this week, which is a really specific request but OK, we suggest The Bodyguard. It’s no longer one of our Pop Culture Blind Spots!
- Fun Valentine’s Day idea: a 90s Classroom Party-themed V-Day party. Paper mailboxes, handing out Valentines, art projects made out of heart shapes … sounds fun to us!
- For those of you spending Valentine’s Saturday (not a real thing?) indoors, how about these amazing tumblr Valentine memes? Send Valentines without ever leaving the house!
- If you hate Valentine’s Day, just be glad you weren’t around in the 1800s, when people would send you mean cards if you were single. Really rude of you, Horace and Berenice.
- More into true crime than true love? The autopsies from the 1929 Valentine’s Day Massacre are out. FINALLY, am I right?
- I guess when Valentines weren’t outright mean in olden days, they were just sort of creepy looking.
- A few of these made it into our Valentines’ party post, but remember these 90s Valentines?
- Valentine’s Day movies for single people! Although I will watch any RomCom, any day of the year to be honest.