- If you could go back in time to us in study hall c. 2002, we’d probably be chatting about the past week’s American Idol results (and NOT doing proper study hall activities, really ever). It’s both hard to believe that the show is over and hard to believe that it was on as long as it was. This week, Traci looked back at some of the Idol moments, controversies and contestants you may have forgotten over the years.
- A few years ago, we also dredged up some of the AI contestants who have faded from popular memory, but not our hearts.
- Could American Idol All-Stars have saved the franchise? Probably not TBH.
- Idol’s greatest gift to pop music: Kelly Clarkson? Try not to cry during her medley.
- Wait. Idol’s greatest gift to pop music: Carrie Underwood? There’s an argument for that too.
- AI and the evolution of criticism: or, is “pitchy” ever meaningful commentary?
- The early 2000s really were a long time ago: AI took us from 9/11 to Donald Trump.