- To celebrate Beverly Cleary’s 100th birthday, we highlighted some of the awesome names in her books – from Ramona to Willa Jean to Ralph.
- But a while back, we looked at the character names that SEEMED cool when we were 11: the characters in Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s original movies.
- By the way, if you picked the most popular names to use, you still aren’t safe and your child will probably hate them.
- And if you tried to be cutting edge and used the fastest rising names instead, your child will hate those too. It’s just a phase most kids go through.
- Finally, the way people are going, all of these words that sound like baby names are destined to be bestowed on real-life children.
- Sometimes when you look at regular people’s terrible baby names, it feels a bit cruel. But celebrities are fair game, right? So how about some of the worst celebrity baby names.
- In my day, we were named after things like saints or dead relatives. Now, Star Wars. But honestly, some of those are totally normal names, it’s fine.
- Then there are these hilarious real names. I can vouch for one of those: my dad has a cousin or something named Candice Kane.
- But before you chime in about your mom’s students Oranjello and Lemonjello, or La-a pronounced LaDasha, stop. Those are proven, really racist urban legends and hopefully you’re better than that.