As high schools across the United States enter prom season, we look forward – to the adult “proms” we’d love an invite to – and back, to the dances that honestly were only so-so.
- Last weekend was the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, AKA Nerd Prom, and unlike your real prom, the entertainment was chock full of jokes (OTHER than your vice principal making a “stay safe” speech).
- And for something called “nerd prom” the fashion was pretty incredible – we couldn’t even come up with a worst dressed list.
- But if fashion’s what you’re into, you ought to take a look at the best dressed of the Met Gala (AKA Fashion Prom). This year with 100% more robot arms and fiber-optic gowns!
- Because we’re the oldest people ever, “promposals” weren’t a thing when we were in high school. Thank heavens.
- If you didn’t get “promposed” to, or didn’t score that invite to the WHCD or Met (someday…), don’t fret: the prom expectations vs reality do not add up.