I couldn’t make this stuff up if I wanted to. These were all things told to me during a recent trip home.
– “What do you remember from your childhood?”
All of it? A specific time frame? A particular event you care about? Give me something.
– “Do Mormons celebrate Christmas?”
This question posed while we’re watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing Christmas songs on their Christmas Eve TV Special.
– “Traci doesn’t know how to dunk bread into coffee.”
Loose Filipino/Tagalog translation
– “Did Jennifer get married?” Me: “Jennifer Who?” Mom: “Jennifer Aniston.”
Ok, in her defense, a picture of her face flashed across the movie screen, but I’m not on a first name basis with the woman.
– “Is Sarah pregnant yet?”
Sarah is Molls’ and my good friend who got married 2 years ago, but no one should ever ask this question about anybody.
– As we’re passing by the lingerie section in Kohl’s: “Do you need to buy panties?”
UGHHH. This is clearly self explanatory.
– “Were you scared?”
Re: my flight being delayed in deplaning because the jetbridge was malfunctioning so they had to tow us to the next gate over. My answer was obviously no, because it wasn’t the first time I’d ever been on a plane. You know what I was scared of? The two children and three adults in a 5ft radius of me that sneezed and coughed the entirety of my 6 hour flight. It was like the world’s worst game of Minesweeper.
Bonus Dad statements:
– “What do you eat for breakfast?” Me: IDK, eggs, toast, bagels… Him, incredulously: “Do you make it??”
– While on the phone with my aunt/his sister: “He was wearing flip flops… like ‘beach walk’.
WHAT. Again, loose Filipino/Tagalog translation.