Today we’re kicking off our two-week Cookies + Sangria series, “Best of”, where we look back at our posts from this year and think, “Hey, we’re pretty good at this blogging thing!” We’re starting with one of the people that has contributed to the most content throughout the past year – Lin-Manuel Miranda. If there’s anything we can be super grateful for in 2016, it’s the rise of this literal genius to mainstream pop culture.
In continuation of our series “Things I’m Willing To Believe About…”, we focused on Lin, and came up with fake facts that we totally would believe if there were deemed true. How do we know so much about this man anyways? We’re straight up #HamilTrash, that’s why.
Things I’m Willing To Believe About Lin-Manuel Miranda
- His wife had to request that he stop writing raps to “help” her study for the bar exam (States unchecked can get a little messy/ All rise, Marshall court in Hunter’s Lessee/ State powers subject to diminution/ Cohens. Virginia. You ratified the constitution. / Put the steamboat on the river – okay, New York, it’s Interstate. Gibbons. Ogden. Congress gonna regulate. /And legislate -plus stipulate/ that no militia’s solely state/ When sought, they fought. Martin. Mott. ) (…may or may not be an excerpt from my Marshall Court review rap for Con Law, c. 2009.)
- Has more novelty/pop culture-themed t-shirts than dress shirts
- At least once every couple weeks he wakes up with a start in the middle of the night. By now, his wife just mutters “yes, you remembered to say goodnight to Twitter” and tells him to go back to sleep.
- Was the runner-up for Most Likely To Succeed, and the winner of Most Earnest, in his senior yearbook.
- He’s also composed a verse or two for his favorite delivery guy and bodega lady. Not to get free stuff out of it. Just because he cares.
- Those ex-girlfriends can testify that he’s had that comma game in his arsenal since long before playing our dearest, Hamilton.
- Really (secretly) prolific on tumblr. Runs your favorite blog.
- Was a competitor in one of those quiz bowl public access-type shows featuring kids from different schools in NYC. His team won.
- Attended a LARP-ing summer camp when he was 13
5 thoughts on “Best of 2016: Things I’m Willing to Believe About Lin-Manuel Miranda”
Pingback: Black History Spotlight #4: Marsha P. Johnson | Cookies + Sangria
Pingback: Things I’m Willing To Believe About The New Ken Dolls | Cookies + Sangria
Pingback: #Ham4All and #All4Ham | Cookies + Sangria
Pingback: Questions, Comments, Concerns: A Christmas Prince | Cookies + Sangria
Pingback: Golden Globes 2018 – Best Dressed | Cookies + Sangria
Comments are closed.