Well. Sean Spicer managed to last a whole six months before callin’ quits on the Press Secretary gig. And was it the constant lying he had to do in front of reporters that was the straw that broke the gum-chewing camel’s back? No. It was (allegedly) the hiring of New York businessman Anthony Scaramucci that caused Spicey to step down.
What is it about Scaramucci that Spicer doesn’t like? This is what we know about him:
- Has degrees from both Tufts & Harvard Law School
- Worked at Goldman Sachs (alert alert) as the VP of private wealth management
- Also worked at Lehman Brothers (alert alert alert)
- Started his own hedge fund investment firm, SkyBridge Capital in 2015
- Sold his stake in the company to a Chinese billionaire in January (questionable) in order to get a job at the WH
- Served on Trump’s transition team & was a surrogate on various TV appearances (like the time he compared Jared Kushner to Alexander Hamilton)
- He’s super into being fully transparent
- He loves quotes
But of course, as soon as it was announced that Scaramucci was named communications director, Twitter didn’t necessarily look up all his qualifications at first – they saw the guy on TV and gave some hot takes on the new guy. Of course we don’t condone judging anyone solely by their appearances, but when it comes to this administration, all bets are off. Here are some of our favorite hot takes on Scaramouche, Scaramouche (will he do the Fandango?).
My favorite of them all:
*There’s more to this. It’s great*