Call it divine intervention. Call it Destiny’s Child(ren). But for sure call it TWINS.
Yesterday, February 1st, Beyonce dropped not a new album, but rather baby news that made the world stop…
Actually, no. We, as a world, could not carry on. I will forever remember today as one of the most important days of my life. I work in a newsroom specifically for entertainment and we have one of those open floor plans where you can basically hear and see everyone. Someone sent through an email with the subject line: “Beyonce is Pregnant” along with the link to her Instagram picture. Sure enough, you could hear gasps and screams from throughout the office – did I mention it’s a predominantly young-ish female environment? About 30 seconds later, someone said, “Wait did you guys notice she’s having twins?” UM NO, WE DID NOT SIR, WE WERE DISTRACTED BY THE BELLY BUMP, FLOWER WALL AND MESH VEIL PLACED UPON HER HEAD. TWINS?! WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED TWO TIMES OVER. What happened next was something I wish I had on camera (but I was still too shook to do anything). The screaming continued, people were congratulating and hugging each other as if we ALL were pregnant with twins.
And you know what, this is the type of communal excitement we need with this sham of administration tearing the country apart. Each morning, I wake up thinking, “Ah, what fresh hell is awaiting me today?”. But on this first day of Black History Month, Beyonce reminded us that despite the fact we’re surrounded with dumpster fires, the world is still spinning and new life is created, just like it did pre-January 20th (November 8th).
So now that Bey is prepping for The Carter 5, I feel like we as a society are a little bit better in the state of the world knowing that love is still on top. Yes, she’s a celebrity that a majority if not all of us will never be BFFs with, but in dire times like these, it’s exactly why the idea of stardom and artistry are important. It gives us a moment of distraction away from the insanity happening in politics and lower our blood pressure just a tad knowing new, talented life is being made. Just how will she save 2017? Here’s what we’re hoping Bey & these two little nuggets will do for all of us in the coming year:
- She’ll have two more girls and start Destiny’s Child: Part II
- DC:P2 will wear matching/coordinating clothes designed by Beyonce, just like Miss Tina designed for DC3
- She’ll have a boy and a girl, and they becoming mini-Bey & Jays doing a rap/sing combo
- She’ll have two boys and they’ll only wear the RocaWear baby collection Jay has secretly been hiding in their underground bunker for years
- Bey’s mere appearance at the Grammys next Sunday will show off her belly and give us VMAs 2011 feels all over again
- Bey starts a new trend of pregnancy announcement photos in lingerie, a veil and a flower wall. (It gets old fast)
- She’ll be the fiercest pregnant performer ever to take the Coachella stage
- But she could also lit’rally sit on a folding chair in the middle of the stage and it would be the best thing the world has ever seen
- Bey letting us in on how Blue will be as a big sister
- Blue wearing a “Big Sister” shirt
- Bey and Jay have dinner with Mariah and Nick Cannon for advice on parenting twins
- Instead of Who Is Becky With The Good Hair, B’s biggest mystery is WHY THE VEIL
- Jay drops a surprise album on Tidal the day the twins are born all about his kids
- Makes Tidal free. For one day.
- Beyonce drops another surprise 5 track EP, one song is just the twins cooing
- Just all the maternity outfits. All of them.
- Anything Taylor Swift tries to do in 2017 will never be as good as this
- To reiterate, this is not just one child, it’s TWO. TWO MORE BEY/JAY BABIES THIS IS A MIRACLE AND SHOULD BE REASON ENOUGH